The Local Government Act 1989 acknowledges the need for Special Committees and Advisory Committees, made up of Councillors, Council staff and other persons. The Act allows Council, by Instrument of Delegation, to delegate any of its functions, duties or powers to a Special Committee (S86). Mansfield Shire Council does not have any Special Committees, but has a number of Advisory Committees, as listed below:
COUNCILLOR REPRESENTATION ON ADVISORY COMMITTEES
Advisory Committees of Council have been appointed with specified membership criteria and with Charters. There are no Instruments of Delegation for these Advisory Committees.
Advisory Committees are those that have been established for a specific purpose and for an indefinite period.
Council's currently has four Advisory Committees:
- Mansfield Shire Audit and Risk
- Mansfield Parks and Precincts
- Mansfield Shire Environment
- Mansfield Shire Sport and Recreation
COUNCIL REPRESENTATION ON EXTERNAL COMMITTEES / ORGANISATIONS
There are a number of organisations external to the Council structure which include Council representation or Council nomination of community representation:
- Australia Day Committee
- Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance
- Hume Regional Local Government Network
- Lake Eildon Land and On Water Management Plan Implementation Committee
- Mansfield Mt Buller Regional Tourism Association
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee
- Municipal Fire Management Planning Committee
- North East Regional Waste and Resource Recovery Group (NEWRRG)
- Victorian Local Governance Association
More information on these Committees, together with the responsible Councillor, can be found here.