Council's Commitment to Economic Development from the current Council Plan 2013-2017:
- Identify opportunities to focus economic development in outlying communities
- Implement the 2013 Economic Development Strategy Review Action Plan
- Undertake further research to identify the business needs and market opportunities within the Shire and to ensure that potential businesses are well informed and able to build on Mansfield's strengths.
- Develop an understanding of gaps in our housing stock (ie seasonal housing demands and rental accommodation) which are impeding economic growth
- Work in partnership with Goulburn Murray Water and other lead agencies to deliver the key priorities of the Lake Eildon and On-Water Management Plan through participation in the Implementation Committee
- Engage with local communities to develop and plan a funding model on the creation of additional multiuse playing areas across the shire to increase participation in sport.Click here
Tree-change Survey Report
Benalla Rural City, Mitchell and Mansfield Shire Councils conducted a survey to gather data on city folk who had made the tree-change to their region. Details such as demographic, motivation and satisfaction will help assist with future economic development of each region. Results can be downloaded using the link under download files section and a short video can be found below.
Submission to Farm Sector Workforce Capacity
Mansfield Shire Council has developed this submission with input from the Mansfield Branch of the Victorian Farmer’s Federation (VFF) and key Mansfield Shire agriculture industry representatives and stakeholders in support of the State Government’s recognition that agriculture is a major contributor to Victoria’s economy. Download submission using the link under download files section. Contact the Tourism & Economic Development Unit in Council with any enquiries and refer to the Economic Development Strategy for detail on Council's strategic directions.
Victoria's Wild Trout Fishery Management Program
In 2014 Fisheries Victoria began a 3 year investigation into High Country trout streams and their performance. These 8 components of the investigation help freshwater anglers understand more about the work underway.