Mansfield Resource Recovery Centre
Council’s Mansfield Landfill is now closed and has been replaced with a state of the art Resource Recovery Centre in partnership with Mansfield Bins & Skips and Sustainability Victoria.
A Resource Recovery Centre provides the opportunity to recover recyclables and viable items that have resale potential, which would otherwise go into landfill. Reducing the amount of waste that is put into landfill, completes a key strategy within Council’s plan to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Please sort recyclables from waste before visiting the RRC
- A staff member will meet you at the stop sign to receive payment and assist you to proceed to 1 of 4 disposal bays
- Place sorted recyclable materials into appropriate skip and remainder of materials onto RRC floor for further sorting by staff
- Payment can be made with cash, credit card or cheque.
- Eco-friendly: Reusable and recyclable materials will be diverted from landfill
- Safe and Clean: The fully roofed facility protects materials from the elements. The sealed road prevents muddy areas forming and keeps cars and occupants cleaner.
- Staff: Fully trained staff from Mansfield Bins & Skips maintain and operate the centre, under contract to Council. There is a financial incentive for the contracted operator to recycle and reuse materials and minimize the waste going to landfill.
- Modern:The facility has been built using a state of the art design to allow for best practice recovery procedures according to Sustainability Victoria guidelines.
- 163 Monkey Gully Road, Mansfield
The operating hours of the Resource Recovery Centre as of Monday 26 September 2016 are listed below.
- Wednesday and Friday - 12.00pm to 5.00pm
- Monday, Saturday and Sunday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Public Holidays and Declared Total Fire Ban Days - CLOSED
Increased summer operating hours will apply from Tuesday 27 December 2016 through to and including Tuesday 31 January 2017. During this period the facility will be open 9am to 5pm, 7 days per week.
|Car Batteries ||FREE of Charge |
|Car Bodies ||FREE of Charge |
|Fridges ||$21.00 |
|Domestic Waste less than 1/2 m3 ||$6.00 |
|E-Waste (electronic waste) ||$6.00 |
|Domestic Waste in a Larger Vehicle or Trailer ||$35.00 per m3 |
|Domestic Recyclables under 1m3 ||FREE of Charge |
|Domestic Recyclables over 1m3 ||$10.00 per m3 |
|Cardboard ||$14.00 |
|Commercial/Industrial Waste ||$54.00 per m3 |
|Commercial Recyclables ||$22.00 per m3 |
|Mattresses - double bed ||$30.00 per mattress |
|Mattresses - single bed ||$30.00 per mattress |
|Bed Springs || $15.00 |
|Gas Bottles ||$6.50 each |
|Green Waste ||$12.00 per m3 |
|Motor Oil ||FREE of Charge |
|Steel & White Goods (excluding fridges) ||FREE of Charge |
|Car || $6.00 |
|4WD || $12.00 |
|Light Truck || $12.00 |
|Heavy Truck || $28.00 |
|Super Single || $28.00 |
|Solid Forklift || $28.00 |
|Tractor || $58.00 |
|Earthmoving || $115.50 |
- Only up to 4 cubic metres of commercial waste can be accepted at the Resource Recovery Centre.
- Only up to 1 cubic metre of rubble (brick and concrete) can be accepted at the Resource Recovery Centre.